David Chalian has been named VP of video programming at Politico, the site reported today. Chalian was fired as Yahoo News Washington Bureau Chief during the Republican National Convention after he was caught on open mic over a break during an ABC News/Yahoo News webcast saying Mitt Romney and his wife Anne were “not concerned at all” about African Americans suffering because of Hurricane Isaac and were “happy to have a party with black people drowning”. He was referring to the fact that the convention was taking place as Isaac made landfall on the north Gulf coast. Politico Editor In Chief John Harris told Dylan Byers “David screwed up, admitted he screwed up and paid the price of losing his job for screwing up”. He added that Chalian has “made clear that remark did not reflect his personal views or professional standards”.
- 'Ring of Fire' Myth Busting: Jewel Can Act and Lifetime Movies Can Be Seriously Awesome Yahoo! TV - 16 hours ago
- NBC to Air Blake Shelton's Tornado Relief Concert Next Week The Wrap - 16 hours ago
- 5 Ways to Be an Even Bigger 'Game of Thrones' Nerd Yahoo! TV - 15 hours ago
- Ann Curry Failed to Get Angelina Jolie TV Interview for NBC: Report Us Weekly - 13 hours ago
- American Idol and X Factor 'Probably Hurt Each Other,' Fox's Exiting Reality Chief Concedes TVLine.com - 13 hours ago