Over the course of 30 Rock's run, we've met most of TGS' extended family: Tracy's wife, Jack's brawling siblings and Donaghy matriarch Colleen, Liz's folks and stunted brother, Jenna's mom, even Lutz's look-alike mother. But the one (albeit murky) bloodline that has eluded fans so far has been the kin of hillbilly page-turned-janitor Kenneth Parcell (Jack McBrayer). But no more!
"We're going to meet Kenneth's [family]," promises exec producer/star Tina Fey, who's revealed exclusively to TV Guide Magazine that "Kenneth's mom will be played by Catherine O'Hara and his mom's 'friend' Ron will be Bryan Cranston."
The scene-stealer from all of those Christopher Guest movies and the Breaking Bad Emmy-winner just signed on for their appearances, so there's still no word on when or why they show up during the comedy's upcoming final season. But since Fey tells us that Kenneth and Hazel (Kristen Schaal) will be engaged in a "non-sexual boyfriend-girlfriend thing" when the show returns, it's possible Mama Parcell and the man her son loathes will trade Stone Mountain for Manhattan to counsel him on the facts of life. And by that, of course, we mean what happens when two people meet in the mating shed with the albino watchers.
Are you psyched that Cranston and O'Hara are heading to 30 Rock? And how do you think the show should wrap up?
Subscribe to TV Guide Magazine now!
- Returning Showrunner Dan Harmon Slams ‘Community’ Season 4 & Sony Bosses Deadline.com - 6 hours ago
- Chuck Lorre Confirms Angus T. Jones Will Be Back On Two And A Half Men Access Hollywood - 6 hours ago
- Future Of ‘Anger Management’ Co-Star Selma Blair In Limbo Over Falling-Out With Charlie Sheen Deadline.com - 6 hours ago
- John Hurt Joins FX's Vampire Thriller The Strain TV Guide - 4 hours ago
- ‘Curb’ Actor Won’t Be Charged in Parking Spot Incident Variety - 3 hours ago
- 'Storage Wars' Star Brandi Passante Gets Pittance in Porn Video Lawsuit The Wrap - 3 hours ago