Never say never: ABC is once again developing a sitcom that would be based on pop superstar Justin Bieber's life. The single-camera comedy was first set up at the network last year, but it's been revived and is still under consideration for next season.
Bieber would executive produce the show with his manager, Scooter Braun. Also on board are executive producers Matt Wolpert and Ben Nedivi, who are writing the script. The untitled family show would center on Bieber's background before he got famous. The comedy is about a future pop star's awkward teenage years and his unorthodox family.
Wolpert and Nedivi's previous credits include Entourage, another show that chronicled a rags-to-riches story. ABC Studios is producing the Bieber project with Scooter Braun Films.
Bieber's no stranger to TV, having guest starred on CSI, hosted Punk'd and appeared in the special Justin Bieber: All Around the World.
Baby, baby, baby, oh — are you excited for a show about the Bieb's backstory?
Subscribe to TV Guide Magazine now!
- James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead at 51 Yahoo! TV - 11 hours ago
- FX Picks Up Legal Comedy Starring Kelsey Grammer and Martin Lawrence TVLine.com - 11 hours ago
- Stephen Amell: Why I Won't Join Fifty Shades Of Grey Movie Access Hollywood - 11 hours ago
- 'Full House' Flashback: Check Out Candace Cameron Bure's Cheesy Christmas Pic Yahoo! TV - 11 hours ago
- Matt Lauer Calls Katie Couric "Very Attractive," Rates Her a "9 or 10" Us Weekly - 11 hours ago
- Netflix Renews 'Hemlock Grove' for Season 2 The Wrap - 9 hours ago