Is Sheriff Rick about to whack himself? The 100th edition of Robert Kirkman's landmark comic The Walking Dead (the basis for the hit AMC series) will be released July 11 at San Diego Comic-Con and TV Guide Magazine has this exclusive look at one of several covers created for the milestone.
The startling image comes from famed artist Todd McFarlane (Spawn, Spider-Man) and represents "one of the darkest moments in Rick Grimes' life, and one of the most violent and brutal things to happen within the pages of this series," according to an Image Comics solicitation for the issue. By the looks of it, some might even think Rick's turned zombie. "Not so," a Kirkman rep assures us, "but our hero has seen better days!"
Other artists contributing covers for the 100th issue include Charlie Adlard, Marc Silvestri, Frank Quitely, Sean Phillips, Bryan Hitch and Ryan Ottley. The issue and all of the variants must be ordered by your favorite comic retailer. Check out Skybound.com for news and events planned to coincide with the momentous occasion.
Subscribe to TV Guide Magazine now!
- How 'Scandal' Creator Shonda Rhimes Makes Us Forget Our Morals Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:36 PM PDT
- Friday Night Lights' Aimee Teegarden Looks Skinny, Unrecognizable Us Weekly - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:15 PM PDT
- Is Kelly Rowland Joining The X Factor? TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:58 PM PDT
- Doctor Who's Jenna-Louise Coleman on Clara's Meeting with River Song TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:22 PM PDT
- Who Were the Worst Reality TV Stars This Week? Television Without Pity - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:28 PM PDT
- ‘Mike & Molly’ Creator Mark Roberts To Exit, Al Higgins Upped To EP & Showrunner Deadline.com - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:30 PM PDT