One fan is claiming that Princess Leia herself, Carrie Fisher, confirmed her involvement in the next Star Wars.
During a book signing on Thursday in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, a source for the fan website TheForce.net claims the 56-year-old actress said during a Q&A of returning to the famous franchise, "Yes....I thought it was already common knowledge."
Sadly, the actress was just kidding. "She hasn't confirmed anything. Everything you've seen has been tongue-in-cheek," her rep told E!Online.
It was announced earlier this year that Star Wars creator George Lucas sold the rights to his billion-dollar movie empire to Disney. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the first new Star Wars movie will be released in 2015 with Lucas serving as creative consultant. Kathleen Kennedy, who is the current co-chair of Lucasfilm, will become Lucasfilm's president and serve as executive producer on new feature films.
In a statement, Lucas says, "For the past 35 years, one of my greatest pleasures has been to see Star Wars passed from one generation to the next. It's now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of filmmakers. I've always believed that Star Wars could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime. I'm confident that with Lucasfilm under the leadership of Kathleen Kennedy, and having a new home within the Disney organization, Star Wars will certainly live on and flourish for many generations to come. Disney's reach and experience give Lucasfilm the opportunity to blaze new trails in film, television, interactive media, theme parks, live entertainment, and consumer products."
Hot New Hookups! | The Latest Hollywood Trends | Summer’s Hottest New Movie
- Arts & Entertainment
- Princess Leia
- Star Wars