Marc Summers is lucky to have survived a grisly car accident last week that nearly left the Food Network star severely disfigured.
While driving back from a shooting of Restaurant Impossible in Philadelphia, Summers' cab driver lost control in a "torrential downpour" and hydroplaned. In the crash, Summers' head slammed against the partition separating the front and back seats of the cab, damaging half of his face.
Check out more of today's breaking news
"Everything on the left side [of my face] from my eye socket down was just wiped out," the Unwrapped host explained to People. "My eye socket got all swollen. I'm having trouble seeing completely out of the left eye ... There's lots of titanium and screws in my face."
"I was pretty lucky that I didn't have brain damage," Summers added.
Summers then endured four hours of surgery to repair the damage. Thankfully, once the swelling goes down, Summers claims he'll be good as new.
- Seth MacFarlane Will Not Return to Host the Oscars: "I Need Sleep" TV Guide - 5 hours ago
- The Voice, Dancing With The Stars Offer Words Of Support For Oklahoma Tornado Victims Access Hollywood - 4 hours ago
- Hollywood's Disabled Actors Protest NBC's 'Ironside' Casting - When Is It Their Turn? The Wrap - 4 hours ago
- 'Rectify' Season Finale: Aden Young Talks About Daniel's Innocence ... or Guilt Yahoo! TV - 13 hours ago
- When Liberace Battled Batman and Taught the Hulk How to Tickle the Ivories [Video] Yahoo! TV - 10 hours ago
- NBC picks up 'Siberia' drama series Reuters - 8 hours ago