Former President George H.W. Bush's is no longer in intensive care, CNN reports.
"President Bush's condition has improved, so he has been moved today from the intensive care unit to a regular patient room at The Methodist Hospital to continue his recovery," family spokesman Jim McGrath said on Saturday. "The Bushes thank everyone for their prayers and good wishes."
Check out celebrities' dramatic weight loss
Bush has been hospitalized since Nov. 23 after the former president sought treatment for a bronchial cough. When Bush later developed a fever, he was moved to intensive care on Dec. 23 where he was put on a liquid diet.
Photos: Everybody's posing nude! Check out Rihanna and other stars who've bared all
Four months older than former President Jimmy Carter, Bush, 88, is the oldest living former president.
- How 'Scandal' Creator Shonda Rhimes Makes Us Forget Our Morals Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:36 PM PDT
- Friday Night Lights' Aimee Teegarden Looks Skinny, Unrecognizable Us Weekly - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:15 PM PDT
- Is Kelly Rowland Joining The X Factor? TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:58 PM PDT
- Doctor Who's Jenna-Louise Coleman on Clara's Meeting with River Song TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:22 PM PDT
- Who Were the Worst Reality TV Stars This Week? Television Without Pity - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:28 PM PDT
- ‘Mike & Molly’ Creator Mark Roberts To Exit, Al Higgins Upped To EP & Showrunner Deadline.com - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:30 PM PDT