As if it weren't bad enough that Today lost the just-concluded February sweeps to Good Morning America by the widest margin in nearly two decades, the NBC show also lost its demo edge in the nation's largest market to a local morning show. Fox's Good Day New York bested Today with adults 25-54.
Among adults 25-54, the New York City show averaged 112,500 daily viewers, compared to 102,700 for Today. GMA was tops, with an average 162,800 demo viewers in the market. A year ago, Today averaged 168,300 viewers in February.
PHOTOS: The Most Talked-About TV News Faces
Good Day New York was up 14 percent over its performance one year ago among adults 25-54. It attracted an average of 98,500 viewers last year.
This was the first time Good Day New York has beaten Today in February sweeps at least since 2003, when Nielsen introduced its people-meter rating system.
One reason for the uptick on the Fox show is that Greg Kelly returned in January, seven months after he left to anchor the 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. newscasts.
Kelly rejoined Good Day New York co-anchor Rosanna Scotto, who has been with the Fox station for 27 years. He returned after Dave Price reportedly asked to be let out of his contract as co-anchor.
- Does William Shatner Have a Crush on Betty White? [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - 14 hours ago
- The Voice's Michelle Chamuel Reveals Secrets Behind Mirror Finale Performance Access Hollywood - 13 hours ago
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Love Don't Cost a Thing Yahoo! TV - 12 hours ago
- Revolution Stars Talk Nora's Season 1 Finale Exit Access Hollywood - 12 hours ago
- ‘Community’ Showrunner Dan Harmon Apologizes to Everyone … Almost Variety - 12 hours ago
- 'The Impossible' Director Juan Antonio Bayona to Direct Showtime's 'Penny Dreadful' The Wrap - 11 hours ago