FOX News Channel (FNC) has re-signed Karl Rove, former Deputy Chief of Staff and Senior Advisor to President George W. Bush, announced Roger Ailes, Chairman & CEO. This new multi-year deal will extend through the 2016 presidential election.
Rove joined FNC as a contributor in February of 2008, providing political analysis and key insights on the election seasons that followed. Prior to this, Rove served as Deputy Chief of Staff and Senior Advisor during President George W. Bush’s administration before he resigned in 2007. Rove also headed the Office of Political Affairs, the Office of Public Liaison, and the White House Office of Strategic Initiatives. Before his tenure at the White House, he was the chief strategist for President Bush’s 2000 Presidential campaign, as well as his re-election in 2004.
During his extensive career in politics, Rove also served as a political consultant to a number of Republican candidates during their successful campaigns, including former Texas Governor Bill Clements and former Texas Representative and Senator Phil Gramm. Additionally, he was president of Karl Rove & Company, a public affairs firm based in Austin and taught at the LBJ School of Public Affairs and in the Journalism Department at the University of Texas at Austin. Rove attended the University of Utah where he began his career with the College Republicans as their executive director before becoming Chairman of the organization.
- 'Teen Wolf' Sophomore-Season Superlatives Yahoo! TV - 11 hours ago
- ABC Family Orders New Spelling Bee Game Show The Wrap - 14 hours ago
- A&E Cancels Intervention After 13 Seasons TV Guide - 13 hours ago
- DirecTV Comes Full Circle With David Boreanaz, Kate Walsh, Julian McMahon and More TVLine.com - 12 hours ago
- FX Sets Premiere Date for 'The Bridge' The Wrap - 12 hours ago
- Real Housewives' Tamra Barney Getting a Spin-Off TV Guide - 12 hours ago