Fox has ordered 13 episodes of the new animated comedy Murder Police for next season, the network announced Tuesday. The series, from Family Guy's David A. Goodman and Jason Ruiz, follows a passionate but incompetent detective and his colorful colleagues at the city precinct.
Photos: Everybody's posing nude! Check out Rihanna and other stars who've bared all
"David and Jason came to us with a really fresh take on law enforcement that we've never seen before," Kevin Reilly, Fox's chairman of Entertainment, said in a statement. "With Murder Police, these guys are taking a staple genre of television — the cop show — and turning it on its head by pushing the warped comedic boundaries that only animation can offer. It's the kind of show our Animation Domination fans will absolutely love, and I can't wait to introduce it next season."
Ruiz will voice the protagonist Manuel Sanchez, a good-hearted cop surrounded by inept detectives, including his "bad cop" partner Tommy Margaretti (Will Sasso). Other actors lending their voices to the pilot include Chi McBride, Horatio Sanz, Penny Marshall, Peter Atencio and Justina Machado.
- TLC Brings NBC's 'Who Do You Think You Are?' Back From the Grave (Exclusive) The Wrap - 9 hours ago
- Hollywood's disabled actors protest NBC's 'Ironside' casting - when is it their turn? Reuters - 9 hours ago
- VH1 sets 'Gossip Table' for June 3 Reuters - 8 hours ago
- 'Nashville' Crew Member's Wife Accuses Show of Mistreatment The Wrap - 8 hours ago
- Nick Jonas, Giuliana Rancic to host Miss USA AP - 8 hours ago