Fox's on-again, off-again love affair with the dating show Take Me Out has been a lot like, well, dating. Remember earlier this week when Fox dumped the show to Saturdays after a few outings? Nevermind.
After several weeks of dismal ratings, Fox had decided to let Take Me Out down gently, moving the show to Saturdays as of next week — after one last booty call yesterday.
But it turns out that final Thursday airing made all the difference in Fox's commitment to the show. Take Me Out posted a 1.3 rating in adults 18-49, up 30% from last week, and posted its highest adults 18-34 rating yet.
In other words, baby, come back. Fox has now un-dumped the reality show — which follows 30 women as they compete for the attention of an eligible bachelor via a speed dating-like contest — keeping it on Thursdays for its final three episodes (July 12, 19 and 26) as originally planned.
Sorry, Mobbed — that means you won't be replacing Take Me Out on Thursdays after all. Instead, Fox will air original back-to-back episodes of Mobbed on Saturday, July 14 and July 21 (8/7c and 9/8c). Fox will also air an original Mobbed on July 28 at 9/8c, behind Cops.
Speaking of Cops, fans of the show — which has only aired occasionally in recent months — will be happy to hear that the bad boys, bad boys will be back with two 2-hour marathons on Saturday, Aug. 18 and Saturday, Aug. 25 (8/7c).
Subscribe to TV Guide Magazine now!
- 'Ring of Fire' Myth Busting: Jewel Can Act and Lifetime Movies Can Be Seriously Awesome Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 24, 2013 12:22 PM PDT
- NBC to Air Blake Shelton's Tornado Relief Concert Next Week The Wrap - Fri, May 24, 2013 12:28 PM PDT
- 5 Ways to Be an Even Bigger 'Game of Thrones' Nerd Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 24, 2013 1:50 PM PDT
- Guess Who's Rescuing Brides Coast to Coast, Head to Hem in TLC's New Makeover Show? [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 24, 2013 2:44 PM PDT
- Ann Curry Failed to Get Angelina Jolie TV Interview for NBC: Report Us Weekly - Fri, May 24, 2013 3:00 PM PDT
- American Idol and X Factor 'Probably Hurt Each Other,' Fox's Exiting Reality Chief Concedes TVLine.com - Fri, May 24, 2013 3:29 PM PDT