EXCLUSIVE: Tony Optican is leaving FremantleMedia North America after a four-year stint as head of the company’s scripted programming division. I hear his contract was up and was not renewed. FMNA is already looking for a replacement for Optican as well as for VP scripted development Holly Hines who just left to head scripted development and production for Participant Media’s new cable network. Under Optican, FMNA landed one series on the air, TBS’ dramedy Wedding Band, which was recently cancelled after one season. FMNA gets a co-producer credit on the CW/Warner Bros. TV pilot The Tomorrow People as the original format is part of its catalog. Mining that catalog for scripted US series will likely be among the priorities for Optican’s successor. Before joining FMNA, Optican was SVP of original programming at Sci Fi Channel and VP of current programming at Fox.
- How 'Scandal' Creator Shonda Rhimes Makes Us Forget Our Morals Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:36 PM PDT
- Friday Night Lights' Aimee Teegarden Looks Skinny, Unrecognizable Us Weekly - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:15 PM PDT
- Is Kelly Rowland Joining The X Factor? TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:58 PM PDT
- Doctor Who's Jenna-Louise Coleman on Clara's Meeting with River Song TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:22 PM PDT
- Who Were the Worst Reality TV Stars This Week? Television Without Pity - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:28 PM PDT
- ‘Mike & Molly’ Creator Mark Roberts To Exit, Al Higgins Upped To EP & Showrunner Deadline.com - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:30 PM PDT