General Hospital, All My Children and Days of Our Lives are among the nominees for the 39th Annual Daytime Emmys, The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences announced Wednesday.
ABC, which angered fans by canceling long-running soaps All MY Children and One Life to Live in favor of newer daytime offerings like The Revolution and The Chew, leads the pack with 56 total nominations. Twenty-three of those nods belong to General Hospital, which is nominated for Outstanding Drama Series. It will face off against Children, NBC's Days of Our Lives, and CBS' Young and the Restless.
Get the scoop on the rest of today's news
The nominations were also announced live Wednesday morning by Kathy Lee and Hoda on Today, which was nominated for Outstanding Morning Program.
PBS netted 51 nominations, including 16 for Sesame Street. Elsewhere, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Live With Regis and Kelly, The Talk and The View were nominated for Outstanding Talk Show/Entertainment.
Check out the full list of nominees here.
- How 'Scandal' Creator Shonda Rhimes Makes Us Forget Our Morals Yahoo! TV - 23 hours ago
- Friday Night Lights' Aimee Teegarden Looks Skinny, Unrecognizable Us Weekly - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:15 PM PDT
- Is Kelly Rowland Joining The X Factor? TV Guide - 23 hours ago
- Doctor Who's Jenna-Louise Coleman on Clara's Meeting with River Song TV Guide - 23 hours ago
- Who Were the Worst Reality TV Stars This Week? Television Without Pity - 23 hours ago
- ‘Mike & Molly’ Creator Mark Roberts To Exit, Al Higgins Upped To EP & Showrunner Deadline.com - 23 hours ago