HBO has ordered a second season of its Aaron Sorkin drama The Newsroom and a sixth season of its vampire drama True Blood. The renewal of Newsroom comes just over a week after the debut of the series starring Jeff Daniels — the June 24 premiere drew 2.1 million viewers at 10 PM. That result actually put Newsroom ahead of the 1.4 million viewers True Blood drew for its 2008 series premiere. Still, Newsroom‘s debut number was less than half what True Blood earned at 9 PM on June 24, when it drew 4.7 million viewers across two airings. The sixth-season renewal of Alan Ball’s Southern vampire series comes less than a month after the kickoff of Season 5.
- Does William Shatner Have a Crush on Betty White? [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - 11 hours ago
- The Voice's Michelle Chamuel Reveals Secrets Behind Mirror Finale Performance Access Hollywood - 9 hours ago
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Love Don't Cost a Thing Yahoo! TV - 9 hours ago
- Revolution Stars Talk Nora's Season 1 Finale Exit Access Hollywood - 8 hours ago
- ‘Community’ Showrunner Dan Harmon Apologizes to Everyone … Almost Variety - 8 hours ago
- 'The Impossible' Director Juan Antonio Bayona to Direct Showtime's 'Penny Dreadful' The Wrap - 8 hours ago