Showtime’s Dexter and Homeland delivered more record-breaking ratings Sunday with their season finales. Dexter’s seventh-season ender drew 2.75 million viewers at 9 PM, the highest-rated episode ever for a Showtime original series. That’s up 23% from the original Season 6 finale for the serial killer series. Overall, Dexter had a Sunday audience of 3.43 million viewers on the night. Meanwhile, Homeland’s 10 PM broadcast of its second-season finale drew 2.3 million viewers, down from last week’s high of 2.36 million. Overall, the spy thriller series had its highest-rated night ever with a total of 2.7 million viewers. The first airing of the Season 1 finale had an audience of 1.7 million viewers last season.
- 'Ring of Fire' Myth Busting: Jewel Can Act and Lifetime Movies Can Be Seriously Awesome Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 24, 2013 12:22 PM PDT
- NBC to Air Blake Shelton's Tornado Relief Concert Next Week The Wrap - Fri, May 24, 2013 12:28 PM PDT
- 5 Ways to Be an Even Bigger 'Game of Thrones' Nerd Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 24, 2013 1:50 PM PDT
- Guess Who's Rescuing Brides Coast to Coast, Head to Hem in TLC's New Makeover Show? [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 24, 2013 2:44 PM PDT
- Ann Curry Failed to Get Angelina Jolie TV Interview for NBC: Report Us Weekly - Fri, May 24, 2013 3:00 PM PDT
- American Idol and X Factor 'Probably Hurt Each Other,' Fox's Exiting Reality Chief Concedes TVLine.com - Fri, May 24, 2013 3:29 PM PDT