James Caan has closed his deal to star in ABC’s Cullen brothers single-camera comedy pilot. The multi-generational family comedy, from 20th Century Fox TV, centers on Terry Gannon, a recently divorced single mother who temporarily moves in with her estranged father (Caan), a beer-swilling former baseball player. She reluctantly starts coaching her son Tommy’s (Griffin Gluck) underdog Little League team and is drawn back into the world of sports she vowed to leave behind. In addition to writing, the Cullen brothers are executive producing with Aaron Kaplan of Kapital Entertainment. This will be only the second series regular role for Oscar-nominated Caan following his starring turn on NBC’s Las Vegas. He is recurring on the upcoming second season of Starz’s Magic City.
- How 'Scandal' Creator Shonda Rhimes Makes Us Forget Our Morals Yahoo! TV - 12 hours ago
- Friday Night Lights' Aimee Teegarden Looks Skinny, Unrecognizable Us Weekly - 14 hours ago
- Is Kelly Rowland Joining The X Factor? TV Guide - 13 hours ago
- Doctor Who's Jenna-Louise Coleman on Clara's Meeting with River Song TV Guide - 13 hours ago
- Who Were the Worst Reality TV Stars This Week? Television Without Pity - 12 hours ago
- ‘Mike & Molly’ Creator Mark Roberts To Exit, Al Higgins Upped To EP & Showrunner Deadline.com - 12 hours ago