In his first major TV gig, Jamie Bell (The Adventures Of Tintin) is set to star in AMC‘s period drama pilot Turn, written by Craig Silverstein and directed by Rupert Wyatt. Based on Alexander Rose’s book Washington’s Spies, Turn is set in the summer of 1778 and tells the story of New York farmer Abe Woodhull (Bell), who bands together with a group of childhood friends to form The Culper Ring, an unlikely group of spies who turn the tide in America’s fight for independence. A husband and father to a young son, Abe is a hardworking cabbage farmer intent on paying back any debts. He smuggles his cabbage crop on the black market, where he is captured by Colonials and then pressed into spying for the Patriot cause.
- Bad Teacher Heading To CBS Access Hollywood - 15 hours ago
- 5 Biggest Shockers From the Critics' Choice Award Nominations Yahoo! TV - 15 hours ago
- Nick Carter & His Fiancée To Topline Reality Series Deadline.com - 15 hours ago
- 'Merlin' Series Finale Preview: A Dream Is Not a Dream [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - 15 hours ago
- Homeland Enlists SVU, Prison Break Actors for Season 3 TV Guide - 15 hours ago
- 'Bachelorette' Meredith Phillips: I'm an Alcoholic ET Online - 16 hours ago