There hasn’t been much good news at CNN since Jeff Zucker took over the beleaguered news network what with bad ratings and controversial reshuffles. But already he’s congratulating himself. The fired NBCUniversal head made his remarks today at a launch party celebrating Jake Tapper‘s debut today on CNN‘s The Lead. Zucker called it “a really important day in the history of the bureau and the start of something very exciting and very fresh… I can tell you after today, I know it was absolutely the right thing. …This is the start of an incredible new era.” And if that wasn’t enough hype, he proclaimed Tapper was the “face of the new CNN” – something Tapper immediately apologized for. “It’s my mug annoying you every 10 seconds on the CNN at the airport”, said Tapper, referencing the cable network’s heavy marketing push for the new 4 PM show.
- Does William Shatner Have a Crush on Betty White? [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - 6 hours ago
- The Voice's Michelle Chamuel Reveals Secrets Behind Mirror Finale Performance Access Hollywood - 4 hours ago
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Love Don't Cost a Thing Yahoo! TV - 4 hours ago
- Revolution Stars Talk Nora's Season 1 Finale Exit Access Hollywood - 3 hours ago
- ‘Community’ Showrunner Dan Harmon Apologizes to Everyone … Almost Variety - 3 hours ago
- 'The Impossible' Director Juan Antonio Bayona to Direct Showtime's 'Penny Dreadful' The Wrap - 3 hours ago