Katie Couric's executive producer may be heading out the door, but her numbers are going up.
Her freshman daytime series, with former Today collaborator Jeff Zucker at its helm since the start, just hit new highs in household ratings and total viewers. The week of Nov. 12, which was also the most recent complete week of the November Sweep, saw Katie average a 2.1 rating among households and net 2.746 million viewers each day.
STORY: Jeff Zucker at CNN: Beyond the Shock, A Critic's Suggestion
In addition to Katie's a wide margin of victory over her closest new competition -- Steve Harvey averaged a 1.4 households rating and 1.873 million viewers for the same period -- the show posted its best numbers since its Sept. 10 premiere week.
Katie's previous high was a 2.0 households rating and 2.559 million viewers, giving it respective growth of five and eight percent. Compared to the week before, Katie was up a more robust 17 percent by both measures. The week of Nov. 12 also saw Katie match highs in all key female demographics (18-34, 18-49 and 25-54).
This good news happens to coincide with the imminent departure of Zucker. The former NBC Universal chief, who helped Couric launch her series, leaves Katie in mid-January before he officially takes over as the new president of CNN Worldwide.
STORY: Jeff Zucker Tapped to Lead CNN
As The Hollywood Reporter previously reported, one or more producers are expected to join current co-executive producers Kathy Samuels and Michael Bass with day-to-day operations of the show. That news is expected to come sometime before January's NATPE conference.
“I'm very excited that Jeff has such a wonderful opportunity at CNN and equally excited for CNN," Couric said in a Thursday statement. "I'm also grateful that Jeff has been so instrumental in getting our show off to such a strong start and look forward to working with the fantastic staff we've assembled and building on the strong foundation we've created.”
- 'Ring of Fire' Myth Busting: Jewel Can Act and Lifetime Movies Can Be Seriously Awesome Yahoo! TV - 5 hours ago
- NBC to Air Blake Shelton's Tornado Relief Concert Next Week The Wrap - 5 hours ago
- 5 Ways to Be an Even Bigger 'Game of Thrones' Nerd Yahoo! TV - 3 hours ago
- Guess Who's Rescuing Brides Coast to Coast, Head to Hem in TLC's New Makeover Show? [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - 2 hours 44 minutes ago
- Ann Curry Failed to Get Angelina Jolie TV Interview for NBC: Report Us Weekly - 2 hours 29 minutes ago
- American Idol and X Factor 'Probably Hurt Each Other,' Fox's Exiting Reality Chief Concedes TVLine.com - 2 hours 0 minutes ago