Jermaine Jackson has petitioned to legally change his name to Jermaine Jacksun, TMZ reports.
The brother of the late Michael Jackson filed a request with L.A. County Superior Court Wednesday, claiming the change is for "artistic reasons."
Rapper Snoop Dogg becomes reggae singer Snoop Lion
The art Jackson is referring to remains unknown since he has not recently been linked to any projects. An e-mail to Jackson's rep was not immediately returned.
If Jackson's request is approved by a judge, he will have to publically announce his new name several times in the following months before it's made official.
What do you think of the name change?
- Does William Shatner Have a Crush on Betty White? [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - 17 hours ago
- The Voice's Michelle Chamuel Reveals Secrets Behind Mirror Finale Performance Access Hollywood - 16 hours ago
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Love Don't Cost a Thing Yahoo! TV - 15 hours ago
- Revolution Stars Talk Nora's Season 1 Finale Exit Access Hollywood - 15 hours ago
- ‘Community’ Showrunner Dan Harmon Apologizes to Everyone … Almost Variety - 15 hours ago
- 'The Impossible' Director Juan Antonio Bayona to Direct Showtime's 'Penny Dreadful' The Wrap - 14 hours ago