More than a few viewers decided to not join MTV for the beginning of its final trip to the Jersey Shore last night.
Though the exiting reality series opened to a formidable 4.7 million viewers and a 2.5 rating among adults 18-49, losing out to only the NFL on all of cable, it marked a 38 percent drop from the last season opener in January.
PHOTOS: The Quotable Snooki
The most recent run of Jersey Shore premiered to 7.6 million viewers and a 4.0 rating in the key demo. Compared to the season four opener, which aired this time last year, Jersey Shore was down from a nearly 9 million haul and a 4.3 rating with adults 18-49.
Showing some signs of fatigue last season, Jersey Shore still easily remains MTV's top-rated program. And at the 10 p.m. hour, last night's premiere even beat all of broadcast offerings in the demo, though it did tie CBS' Elementary.
Recently renewed spinoff Snooki & JWoww debuted to a respectable 2.4 million viewers and a 1.1 rating among adults 18-49 in June.
- How 'Scandal' Creator Shonda Rhimes Makes Us Forget Our Morals Yahoo! TV - 10 hours ago
- Friday Night Lights' Aimee Teegarden Looks Skinny, Unrecognizable Us Weekly - 11 hours ago
- Is Kelly Rowland Joining The X Factor? TV Guide - 11 hours ago
- Doctor Who's Jenna-Louise Coleman on Clara's Meeting with River Song TV Guide - 10 hours ago
- Who Were the Worst Reality TV Stars This Week? Television Without Pity - 10 hours ago
- ‘Mike & Molly’ Creator Mark Roberts To Exit, Al Higgins Upped To EP & Showrunner Deadline.com - 10 hours ago