Two of Jersey Shore's most familiar personalities stepped out on their own Thursday night with a notably less-alcohol-fueled reality offering, Snooki & JWoww.
One of several spinoffs MTV has ordered from the original Jersey cast, going into its sixth and rumored to be final season later this year, the premiere outing bowed to a decent 2.4 million viewers and a 1.1 rating among adults 18-49.
Solid as they may be for the time period -- the half-hour show airs at 10 p.m. -- the ratings don't begin to approach the significant haul of Jersey Shore. The most recent run of MTV's hit reality series debuted earlier in the year to 7.6 million viewers during the same time slot. And that was down from the record 8.8 million viewers who tuned in for the August kickoff of the fourth season.
Snooki & JWoww also didn't match the showing of fellow Jersey Shore castmember Pauly D. His spinoff, The Pauly D Project, premiered in March to 2.9 million viewers -- thanks in some part to a Punk'd lead-in. The show's viewership dipped, however, ending with 1 million in its final broadcast last week.
The series, announced before co-star Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi announced her pregnancy and engagement, documents the expectant mother and Jenni “JWOWW” Farley living a much more subdued life in Jersey City between taping seasons of Jersey Shore.
- TLC Brings NBC's 'Who Do You Think You Are?' Back From the Grave (Exclusive) The Wrap - 5 hours ago
- Hollywood's disabled actors protest NBC's 'Ironside' casting - when is it their turn? Reuters - 4 hours ago
- VH1 sets 'Gossip Table' for June 3 Reuters - 3 hours ago
- 'Nashville' Crew Member's Wife Accuses Show of Mistreatment The Wrap - 3 hours ago
- Nick Jonas, Giuliana Rancic to host Miss USA AP - 3 hours ago