Veteran writer-producer Jim Parriott has come on board ABC’s high-profile new drama series Nashville as executive producer/showrunner. The series, from Lionsgate TV and ABC Studios, is a family soap set against the backdrop of the Nashville music scene that follows one star at her peak (Connie Britton) and one on the rise (Hayden Panettiere). On the show, which landed the Wednesday 10 PM slot on the fall schedule, Parriott will serve as an executive producer alongside creator Callie Khouri, the pilot’s director R.J. Cutler and Steve Buchanan. Parriott most recently executive the ABC/ABC Family series Missing. His EP credits also include Covert Affairs, Sons Of Anarchy and Defying Gravity.
- How 'Scandal' Creator Shonda Rhimes Makes Us Forget Our Morals Yahoo! TV - 11 hours ago
- Friday Night Lights' Aimee Teegarden Looks Skinny, Unrecognizable Us Weekly - 12 hours ago
- Is Kelly Rowland Joining The X Factor? TV Guide - 12 hours ago
- Doctor Who's Jenna-Louise Coleman on Clara's Meeting with River Song TV Guide - 11 hours ago
- Who Were the Worst Reality TV Stars This Week? Television Without Pity - 11 hours ago
- ‘Mike & Molly’ Creator Mark Roberts To Exit, Al Higgins Upped To EP & Showrunner Deadline.com - 11 hours ago