Jim Parsons, who plays arrogant nerd Sheldon on CBS' hit comedy The Big Bang Theory, has found a very modest way to announce that he is gay.
In an interview with the New York Times, Parsons discusses his recent work on Broadway, which includes playing a gay activist in The Normal Heart.
Big Bang Burning Questions: What's Next for Howard and Bernadette?
In reporting Parsons' affinity for the play, author Patrick Healy revealed something that has been long speculated. "The Normal Heart resonated with him on a few levels: Mr. Parsons is gay and in a 10-year relationship, and working with an ensemble again onstage was like nourishment," he wrote.
While The National Enquirer "outed" Parsons in 2010 with news of a supposed engagement to partner Todd Spiewak, this is Parsons' first public acknowledgement of his sexuality.
- TLC Brings NBC's 'Who Do You Think You Are?' Back From the Grave (Exclusive) The Wrap - 11 hours ago
- Hollywood's disabled actors protest NBC's 'Ironside' casting - when is it their turn? Reuters - 10 hours ago
- VH1 sets 'Gossip Table' for June 3 Reuters - 10 hours ago
- 'Nashville' Crew Member's Wife Accuses Show of Mistreatment The Wrap - 10 hours ago
- Nick Jonas, Giuliana Rancic to host Miss USA AP - 9 hours ago