Comedy writer-producers Josh Bycel and Jonathan Fener have closed an overall deal at Universal Television. Under the two-year pact, the duo is joining the studio’s NBC comedy pilot Assistance as executive producers. They also will develop new projects. “We’ve been longtime fans of Bycel and Fener and are happy to have them as part of the Universal TV family,” said Universal TV EVP Bela Bajaria,. “They are both strong showrunners and developers, individually, as well as a team.” UTA-repped Bycel and Fener most recently worked on ABC’s Happy Endings, Bycel as executive producer and Fener as co-executive producers. The two also worked together as co-executive producers on Fox’s American Dad. Additionally, Bycel served as a showrunner on Scrubs and co-executive producer on Psych. Written by Leslye Headland based on her play, Assistance, co-produced by Gary Sanchez Prods., stars Krysten Ritter as Nora, an idealistic “working girl” assistant who is pulled between her colleague Seth (Zach Cregger) and her real-life fiance (Peter Cambor) while trying to manage a demanding boss.
- 'Ring of Fire' Myth Busting: Jewel Can Act and Lifetime Movies Can Be Seriously Awesome Yahoo! TV - 16 hours ago
- NBC to Air Blake Shelton's Tornado Relief Concert Next Week The Wrap - 16 hours ago
- 5 Ways to Be an Even Bigger 'Game of Thrones' Nerd Yahoo! TV - 15 hours ago
- Ann Curry Failed to Get Angelina Jolie TV Interview for NBC: Report Us Weekly - 14 hours ago
- American Idol and X Factor 'Probably Hurt Each Other,' Fox's Exiting Reality Chief Concedes TVLine.com - 13 hours ago