CBS' Hawaii Five-0 left us hanging last May with the shocking revelation that Steve McGarrett's presumed-dead mother, Doris, is very much alive. "She faked her own death to protect her family," explains Chicago Hope vet Christine Lahti, who debuts as Mama McG in the September 24 season premiere. "Now she's come back and Steve [Alex O'Loughlin] is shell-shocked. She hasn't seen Steve since he was 15 and wants his forgiveness."
Lahti will appear in at least four episodes, which will reveal where she's been all this time and if she's to be trusted. Steve's spitfire kid sis Mary Ann (Taryn Manning) will also return for a reunion, but I wouldn't start planning a Mother's Day picnic on the beach just yet. According to executive producer Peter Lenkov, "Wo Fat wants Doris dead, and a man like that is hard to keep behind bars."
Subscribe to TV Guide Magazine now!
- Does William Shatner Have a Crush on Betty White? [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - 8 hours ago
- The Voice's Michelle Chamuel Reveals Secrets Behind Mirror Finale Performance Access Hollywood - 6 hours ago
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Love Don't Cost a Thing Yahoo! TV - 6 hours ago
- Revolution Stars Talk Nora's Season 1 Finale Exit Access Hollywood - 5 hours ago
- ‘Community’ Showrunner Dan Harmon Apologizes to Everyone … Almost Variety - 5 hours ago
- 'The Impossible' Director Juan Antonio Bayona to Direct Showtime's 'Penny Dreadful' The Wrap - 5 hours ago