CBS' Hawaii Five-0 left us hanging last May with the shocking revelation that Steve McGarrett's presumed-dead mother, Doris, is very much alive. "She faked her own death to protect her family," explains Chicago Hope vet Christine Lahti, who debuts as Mama McG in the September 24 season premiere. "Now she's come back and Steve [Alex O'Loughlin] is shell-shocked. She hasn't seen Steve since he was 15 and wants his forgiveness."
Lahti will appear in at least four episodes, which will reveal where she's been all this time and if she's to be trusted. Steve's spitfire kid sis Mary Ann (Taryn Manning) will also return for a reunion, but I wouldn't start planning a Mother's Day picnic on the beach just yet. According to executive producer Peter Lenkov, "Wo Fat wants Doris dead, and a man like that is hard to keep behind bars."
Subscribe to TV Guide Magazine now!
- 'Ring of Fire' Myth Busting: Jewel Can Act and Lifetime Movies Can Be Seriously Awesome Yahoo! TV - 22 hours ago
- NBC to Air Blake Shelton's Tornado Relief Concert Next Week The Wrap - 22 hours ago
- 5 Ways to Be an Even Bigger 'Game of Thrones' Nerd Yahoo! TV - 21 hours ago
- Ann Curry Failed to Get Angelina Jolie TV Interview for NBC: Report Us Weekly - 20 hours ago
- American Idol and X Factor 'Probably Hurt Each Other,' Fox's Exiting Reality Chief Concedes TVLine.com - 19 hours ago