Next season, ABC's Revenge is expected to introduce a bunch of new characters, including Conrad's ex-wife and kids, Victoria's mother, people from Emily's, Amanda's and Nolan's pasts, and a new puppy to take the place of dearly departed Sammy. But the most highly anticipated addition is Emily's presumed-dead mother. While executive producer Mike Kelley says he's not sure how early into Season 2 he'll bring in the missing mom, he will reveal, "There will be a hunt for her, and she won't be easy to find. She's been gone, deliberately, for a very long time. Emily is one messed-up girl, and she's going to find out the apple didn't fall far from the tree." I asked Kelley to weigh in on three of my casting suggestions:
Elizabeth Mitchell: "That's a great idea. This is a psychologically damaged and a highly volatile woman, so anybody who has that ability to turn and scare you would be great."
Heather Locklear: "She's somebody who's sweet but she plays evil and cold so well. Great suggestion!"
Marg Helgenberger: "I love that idea — a lot! That's somebody who could kill it. There is something maternal there but very calculating, and she's able to go to some very dark places. If she injected a little crazy into that, she'd be able to knock it out of the park!"
Subscribe to TV Guide Magazine now!
- Seth MacFarlane Will Not Return to Host the Oscars: "I Need Sleep" TV Guide - 11 hours ago
- The Voice, Dancing With The Stars Offer Words Of Support For Oklahoma Tornado Victims Access Hollywood - 10 hours ago
- Hollywood's Disabled Actors Protest NBC's 'Ironside' Casting - When Is It Their Turn? The Wrap - 10 hours ago
- 'Rectify' Season Finale: Aden Young Talks About Daniel's Innocence ... or Guilt Yahoo! TV - 19 hours ago
- When Liberace Battled Batman and Taught the Hulk How to Tickle the Ivories [Video] Yahoo! TV - 16 hours ago
- NBC picks up 'Siberia' drama series Reuters - 14 hours ago