Did Boss star Kelsey Grammer get snubbed by the Emmys this year because he's a Republican?
"I think it's possible... I mean, I'm a declared, out-of-the-closet Republican in Hollywood," Grammer said Wednesday night on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. "Do I believe it's possible that some young person, young voting actor — or even older voting member for the Emmys — would sit there and go, 'Yeah, that's a great performance, but I just hate everything he stands for'? I don't believe that's possible," he said, with a hint of sarcasm.
Boss creator "heartbroken" over low ratings: "I hope we get to tell the entire story"
Leno then brought up the fact that he has five previous Emmys, to which Grammer said, "Just after that last [win], I became one."
Do you think Grammer's political beliefs are to blame?
Watch the interview below:
- Does William Shatner Have a Crush on Betty White? [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - 12 hours ago
- The Voice's Michelle Chamuel Reveals Secrets Behind Mirror Finale Performance Access Hollywood - 10 hours ago
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Love Don't Cost a Thing Yahoo! TV - 10 hours ago
- Revolution Stars Talk Nora's Season 1 Finale Exit Access Hollywood - 10 hours ago
- ‘Community’ Showrunner Dan Harmon Apologizes to Everyone … Almost Variety - 10 hours ago
- 'The Impossible' Director Juan Antonio Bayona to Direct Showtime's 'Penny Dreadful' The Wrap - 9 hours ago