Did Boss star Kelsey Grammer get snubbed by the Emmys this year because he's a Republican?
"I think it's possible... I mean, I'm a declared, out-of-the-closet Republican in Hollywood," Grammer said Wednesday night on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. "Do I believe it's possible that some young person, young voting actor — or even older voting member for the Emmys — would sit there and go, 'Yeah, that's a great performance, but I just hate everything he stands for'? I don't believe that's possible," he said, with a hint of sarcasm.
Boss creator "heartbroken" over low ratings: "I hope we get to tell the entire story"
Leno then brought up the fact that he has five previous Emmys, to which Grammer said, "Just after that last [win], I became one."
Do you think Grammer's political beliefs are to blame?
Watch the interview below:
- Seth MacFarlane Will Not Return to Host the Oscars: "I Need Sleep" TV Guide - 10 hours ago
- The Voice, Dancing With The Stars Offer Words Of Support For Oklahoma Tornado Victims Access Hollywood - 9 hours ago
- Hollywood's Disabled Actors Protest NBC's 'Ironside' Casting - When Is It Their Turn? The Wrap - 9 hours ago
- 'Rectify' Season Finale: Aden Young Talks About Daniel's Innocence ... or Guilt Yahoo! TV - 18 hours ago
- When Liberace Battled Batman and Taught the Hulk How to Tickle the Ivories [Video] Yahoo! TV - 16 hours ago
- NBC picks up 'Siberia' drama series Reuters - 13 hours ago