EXCLUSIVE: Kimberly Williams-Paisley is poised to make her guest-starring stint on ABC’s new drama Nashville permanent. The According To Jim alumna in August signed on for a multi-episode arc on the soap set against the backdrop of the Nashville music scene. She ended up appearing in six of the original 13 episodes of the freshman drama, which was recently given a full-season pickup. Now she is set to appear in at least three episodes of Nashville‘s back nine with an option to become a series regular in Season 2 if the show is renewed. Nashville follows one established country star, Rayna James (Connie Britton), whose career is faltering, and one rising one (Hayden Panettiere). On the Lionsgate/ABC Studios series, Williams-Paisley plays Peggy Samper, an old flame and former co-worker of Rayna’s husband Teddy Conrad (Eric Close). The two share a dangerous secret, and photographs of the two together are threatening to derail Teddy’s political campaign. This marks the first major series role for Williams-Paisley, repped by Gersh and KLWGN, since her eight-season run on another ABC show, comedy According To Jim, also produced by ABC Studios. The Nashville gig does not require relocation as the actress, who is married to country music star Brad Paisley, lives in Nashville where the series is filmed.
- How 'Scandal' Creator Shonda Rhimes Makes Us Forget Our Morals Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:36 PM PDT
- Friday Night Lights' Aimee Teegarden Looks Skinny, Unrecognizable Us Weekly - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:15 PM PDT
- Is Kelly Rowland Joining The X Factor? TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:58 PM PDT
- Doctor Who's Jenna-Louise Coleman on Clara's Meeting with River Song TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:22 PM PDT
- Who Were the Worst Reality TV Stars This Week? Television Without Pity - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:28 PM PDT
- ‘Mike & Molly’ Creator Mark Roberts To Exit, Al Higgins Upped To EP & Showrunner Deadline.com - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:30 PM PDT