10 Things I Hate About You actor Larry Miller is expected to make a full recovery after suffering a near-fatal brain injury last spring.
Get the scoop on all your favorite returning winter shows
The actor, who has also appeared on Curb Your Enthusiasm, Seinfeld, Mad About You and Boston Legal, slipped and hit his head on the sidewalk after recording a podcast with Adam Corolla in April. A spokesman for Miller told People that after the accident, the actor slipped into a coma and had to be placed on life support for one month.
"He was hovering between life and death," his spokesman, Michael Hansen, told the magazine. "It's a miracle he woke up. ... He's lucky to be alive."
Winter TV's must-see new shows
Miller, 59, has since been working on regaining basic cognitive functions and he is expected to make a full recovery. The actor has even resumed work on his podcast This Week with Larry Miller, which will return on Wednesday.
"I'm very thankful to have recovered from a traumatic brain injury so quickly," Miller said.
In addition to his work on television, Miller has also appeared in Pretty Woman, The Nutty Professor and The Princess Diaries.
- TLC Brings NBC's 'Who Do You Think You Are?' Back From the Grave (Exclusive) The Wrap - Tue, May 21, 2013 3:02 PM PDT
- Hollywood's disabled actors protest NBC's 'Ironside' casting - when is it their turn? Reuters - Tue, May 21, 2013 3:55 PM PDT
- Guillermo del Toro's FX pilot 'The Strain' casts 'Breaking Dawn' actress Mia Maestro in starring role Reuters - Tue, May 21, 2013 3:58 PM PDT
- VH1 sets 'Gossip Table' for June 3 Reuters - Tue, May 21, 2013 4:14 PM PDT
- 'Nashville' Crew Member's Wife Accuses Show of Mistreatment The Wrap - 9 hours ago
- Nick Jonas, Giuliana Rancic to host Miss USA AP - 9 hours ago