Marc Cherry's Devious Maids is headed to Lifetime. The network has picked up 13 episodes of the soap for a 2013 launch.
The show was originally developed this spring for ABC, but the network ultimately passed on turning the pilot into a series. Cherry's first series since Desperate Housewives ended its run, the show centers on a group of five maids who work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. The show stars Susan Lucci (All My Children), Ana Ortiz (Ugly Betty), Judy Reyes (The Pregnancy Project), Dania Ramirez (Entourage), Roselyn Sanchez (Without a Trace), Edy Ganem (Livin' Loud), Grant Show (Swing Town), Brianna Brown (Homeland), Rebecca Wisocky (American Horror Story), Tom Irwin (Grey's Anatomy), Mariana Klaveno (True Blood), Brett Cullen (Damages) and Drew Van Acker (Pretty Little Liars).
"This show and Marc Cherry's unique story telling voice perfectly articulate Lifetime's strategy of attracting top-tier creatives with their most original and exciting projects," said Lifetime bosses Nancy Dubuc and Rob Sharenow.
Devious Maids is based on the hit Mexican telenovela Ellas son la Alegría del Hogar. Eva Longoria is also an executive producer, along with Cherry, Sabrina Wind (Desperate Housewives), Paul McGuigan (Scandal), Larry Shuman (Kissing Miranda), David Lonner, John Mass, Paul Presburger and Michael Garcia.
Subscribe to TV Guide Magazine now!
- Does William Shatner Have a Crush on Betty White? [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - 17 hours ago
- The Voice's Michelle Chamuel Reveals Secrets Behind Mirror Finale Performance Access Hollywood - 16 hours ago
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Love Don't Cost a Thing Yahoo! TV - 15 hours ago
- Revolution Stars Talk Nora's Season 1 Finale Exit Access Hollywood - 15 hours ago
- ‘Community’ Showrunner Dan Harmon Apologizes to Everyone … Almost Variety - 15 hours ago
- 'The Impossible' Director Juan Antonio Bayona to Direct Showtime's 'Penny Dreadful' The Wrap - 14 hours ago