Liza Minnelli will appear as herself in an upcoming episode of Smash, NBC announced Tuesday.
"Liza Minnelli is the essence of a multi-talented, singular show business sensation, particularly for her extraordinary contributions to Broadway," NBC Entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt said in a statement. "So what could be more fitting than to have her legendary talent on a show that celebrates a world Liza has dazzled for decades? I had the pleasure of working with Liza when we restored her landmark television special Liza With a Z at Showtime, and to see her artistry up close and personal is a thing to behold."
Smash producer teases Season 2
Minnelli will guest-star in the episode "The Surprise Party," in which she'll sing an original duet with Christian Borle (Tom Levitt).
In addition to her Oscar-winning performance in Cabaret, Minnelli's credits also include Arrested Development, Arthur, The Muppets Take Manhattan and many more.
Smash returns Tuesday, Feb. 5 at 9/8c on NBC before moving to 10/9c on Feb. 12. Minnelli's episode will air later in the spring.
- Bad Teacher Heading To CBS Access Hollywood - 2 hours 56 minutes ago
- 5 Biggest Shockers From the Critics' Choice Award Nominations Yahoo! TV - 3 hours ago
- Nick Carter & His Fiancée To Topline Reality Series Deadline.com - 3 hours ago
- 'Merlin' Series Finale Preview: A Dream Is Not a Dream [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - 3 hours ago
- Homeland Enlists SVU, Prison Break Actors for Season 3 TV Guide - 3 hours ago
- 'Bachelorette' Meredith Phillips: I'm an Alcoholic ET Online - 3 hours ago