Rod Perth, a former president of USA Network and co-founder of ReelzChannel, has been appointed president and CEO of the National Association of Television Programming Executives. He will oversee the vision, strategic evolution, marketing, programming and financial/administrative operations of the organization and replaces Rick Feldman, who stepped down in February after nine years in the post. “Combined with his vast network of relationships and senior management skills, we believe Rod is ideally suited to evolve NATPE into a dynamic global organization relevant to all who touch content,” said the trade group’s co-chairs Jordan Levin and Chris Grant. “His imprint will be on next year’s conference in Miami, which marks NATPE’s 50th anniversary. It will recognize the considerable milestones in our business and serve as a springboard into our new initiatives for the future.” Korn/Ferry conducted the search on NATPE’s behalf. Most recently, Perth founded and RHP Media Consulting, specializing in digital media, broadcast, cable and new-media initiatives. He began his career with the CBS Television Stations Group, where he rose to run late-night programming at CBS. He also is an adjunct professor at USC’s Film School.
- 'Ring of Fire' Myth Busting: Jewel Can Act and Lifetime Movies Can Be Seriously Awesome Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 24, 2013 12:22 PM PDT
- NBC to Air Blake Shelton's Tornado Relief Concert Next Week The Wrap - Fri, May 24, 2013 12:28 PM PDT
- 5 Ways to Be an Even Bigger 'Game of Thrones' Nerd Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 24, 2013 1:50 PM PDT
- Guess Who's Rescuing Brides Coast to Coast, Head to Hem in TLC's New Makeover Show? [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 24, 2013 2:44 PM PDT
- Ann Curry Failed to Get Angelina Jolie TV Interview for NBC: Report Us Weekly - Fri, May 24, 2013 3:00 PM PDT
- American Idol and X Factor 'Probably Hurt Each Other,' Fox's Exiting Reality Chief Concedes TVLine.com - Fri, May 24, 2013 3:29 PM PDT