Meredith Vieira recently opted not to renew her contract for syndicated quiz show Who Wants To Be A Millionaire so she could “move on and do other things.” Those other things may be a new daytime talk show. According to the NY Times, Vieira is in talks with NBCUniversal Domestic TV Distribution about hosting a syndicated talk show for fall 2014. That would maintain Vieira’s daily presence in daytime/fringe while keeping her in the NBCU family. Vieira got the gig on the ABC-Disney syndicated Millionaire while she was on ABC’s daytime talk show The View, which Vieira co-hosted for nine years. If she headlines a daytime talk show, Vieira will follow in the footsteps of her Today predecessors Jane Pauley, whose NBCU-produced show was a bust, and Katie Couric, whose ABC-Disney freshman talker is doing OK. NBC Domestic TV Distribution is currently without a top executive as Barry Wallach just announced his departure as president.
- How 'Scandal' Creator Shonda Rhimes Makes Us Forget Our Morals Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:36 PM PDT
- Friday Night Lights' Aimee Teegarden Looks Skinny, Unrecognizable Us Weekly - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:15 PM PDT
- Is Kelly Rowland Joining The X Factor? TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:58 PM PDT
- Doctor Who's Jenna-Louise Coleman on Clara's Meeting with River Song TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:22 PM PDT
- Who Were the Worst Reality TV Stars This Week? Television Without Pity - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:28 PM PDT
- ‘Mike & Molly’ Creator Mark Roberts To Exit, Al Higgins Upped To EP & Showrunner Deadline.com - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:30 PM PDT