EXCLUSIVE: Miguel Arteta is set to direct Bravo‘s hourlong pilot Rita, one of the cable network’s first two scripted pilots greenlighted last month. Written by Krista Vernoff, Rita is is an adaptation of a Danish format. It is a family drama that follows an acerbic, outspoken private-school teacher who struggles to raise her three teenage children while dealing with the inane bureaucracy and overprotective parents at her school. In addition to directing, Arteta will executive produce the Fox TV Studios pilot alongside Vernoff, Henrik Bastin and Mikkel Bondesen. Bravo plans to debut its first original scripted series in the fourth quarter of 2013. Arteta directed the pilot for the CW’s midseason drama The Carrie Diaries, a prequel to Sex And The City. His recent episodic directing credits include The New Normal, Enlightened, Nurse Jackie, American Horror Story: Asylum and New Girl.
- James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead at 51 Yahoo! TV - 2 hours 25 minutes ago
- FX Picks Up Legal Comedy Starring Kelsey Grammer and Martin Lawrence TVLine.com - 3 hours ago
- Stephen Amell: Why I Won't Join Fifty Shades Of Grey Movie Access Hollywood - 3 hours ago
- 'Full House' Flashback: Check Out Candace Cameron Bure's Cheesy Christmas Pic Yahoo! TV - 3 hours ago
- Matt Lauer Calls Katie Couric "Very Attractive," Rates Her a "9 or 10" Us Weekly - 2 hours 49 minutes ago
- Netflix Renews 'Hemlock Grove' for Season 2 The Wrap - 37 minutes ago