The Mindy Project remains a work in progress.
The freshman Fox comedy, picked up for a super-sized 24-episode season, will see a small cast shake-up in the new year when regular Amanda Setton departs the series and Anna Camp is bumped to recurring. Confirmed by a Fox rep to The Hollywood Reporter, the news was first reported by TVLine.
PHOTOS: The Hollywood Reporter Celebrates 'The Mindy Project'
Camp co-starred in the series' pilot, playing the best friend to star Mindy Kaling's romantically challenged OB/GYN. Camp's new arrangement will allow the popular actress -- she recently appeared in Pitch Perfect and The Help -- to pursue other work while continuing to appear on the series.
Setton was a late addition to the cast, joining Stephen Tobolowsky and Ike Barinholtz in July. Her character, receptionist Shauna, is said to be leaving for creative reasons.
The show is now casting a new recurring female character, described as a college friend of Mindy's, with the potential for becoming a series regular.
- TLC Brings NBC's 'Who Do You Think You Are?' Back From the Grave (Exclusive) The Wrap - 18 hours ago
- Hollywood's disabled actors protest NBC's 'Ironside' casting - when is it their turn? Reuters - 17 hours ago
- VH1 sets 'Gossip Table' for June 3 Reuters - 17 hours ago
- 'Nashville' Crew Member's Wife Accuses Show of Mistreatment The Wrap - 1 hour 56 minutes ago
- Nick Jonas, Giuliana Rancic to host Miss USA AP - 1 hour 40 minutes ago