Minnie Driver is set as the female lead opposite David Walton in About A Boy, NBC‘s single-camera pilot based on the Nick Hornby book and the 2002 movie. Written by Friday Night Lights and Parenthood executive producer Jason Katims, and directed by Revolution’s Jon Favreau, About A Boy follows the relationship between Will (Walton), a bachelor man-child who is going through a revolving door of women, and the young boy who moves in next door with his kooky single mother, Fiona (Driver). The role was played by Toni Collette in the movie. This marks the second NBC comedy pilot for Driver, repped by CAA and Untitled, who starred in Lady Friends last year. Michelle Lee serves as producer on About A Boy, from Katims’ True Jack Prods, Universal TV, Working Title and Tribeca Prods.
- Bad Teacher Heading To CBS Access Hollywood - 11 hours ago
- 5 Biggest Shockers From the Critics' Choice Award Nominations Yahoo! TV - 11 hours ago
- Nick Carter & His Fiancée To Topline Reality Series Deadline.com - 12 hours ago
- 'Merlin' Series Finale Preview: A Dream Is Not a Dream [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - 12 hours ago
- Homeland Enlists SVU, Prison Break Actors for Season 3 TV Guide - 12 hours ago
- 'Bachelorette' Meredith Phillips: I'm an Alcoholic ET Online - 12 hours ago