EXCLUSIVE: Mira Sorvino is returning to her comedy roots (she won an Oscar for Woody Allen’s Mighty Aphrodite) with a starring role opposite Jim Gaffigan in his CBS comedy pilot. Written by Gaffigan and Peter Tolan (the two co-wrote the story, and Tolan wrote the script), the project centers on Jim (Gaffigan) a guy who lives with his wife Jeannie (Sorvino) and five kids in a 2-bedroom New York apartment. Sorvino’s Jeannie is a super-wife and super-mom. The mother of five kids, she has a sixth child in the house: her husband Jim. Sony Pictures TV and Fedora are producing, with Gaffigan, Tolan, Michael Wimer and Alex Murray executive producing. The pilot reunites Sorvino with CBS where she toplined drama pilot Trooper last season. (She also reprised her role in the TNT version of the pilot.) In addition to Mighty Aphrodite, Sorvino’s comedic roles include the cult Romy & Michelle’s High School Reunion and last year’s well reviewed Union Square. She is with ICM Partners, Untitled Entertainment and Michael Adler & Jonathan Shikora.
- TLC Brings NBC's 'Who Do You Think You Are?' Back From the Grave (Exclusive) The Wrap - 20 hours ago
- Hollywood's disabled actors protest NBC's 'Ironside' casting - when is it their turn? Reuters - 19 hours ago
- VH1 sets 'Gossip Table' for June 3 Reuters - 18 hours ago
- 'Nashville' Crew Member's Wife Accuses Show of Mistreatment The Wrap - 3 hours ago
- Nick Jonas, Giuliana Rancic to host Miss USA AP - 2 hours 55 minutes ago