The expanded 20-episode third season of MTV‘s Awkward will launch on Tuesday, April 16, at 10 PM with an hour-long premiere (trailer below). The following week, Awkward will be joined by new series Girl Code, a spinoff of MTV2′s Guy Code, which will air in the 10:30 slot for what MTV touts as “funny female comedy lineup.” The announcement comes just as Awkward creator/executive producer Lauren Iungerich exited her MTV pilot Hot Mess. The Tuesday block signals MTV’s emphasis on female-oriented programming under new programming chiefs Susanne Daniels and Mina Lefevre, who both come from backgrounds of developing for young females at the WB and ABC Family, respectively.
- 'Ring of Fire' Myth Busting: Jewel Can Act and Lifetime Movies Can Be Seriously Awesome Yahoo! TV - 15 hours ago
- NBC to Air Blake Shelton's Tornado Relief Concert Next Week The Wrap - 15 hours ago
- 5 Ways to Be an Even Bigger 'Game of Thrones' Nerd Yahoo! TV - 13 hours ago
- Ann Curry Failed to Get Angelina Jolie TV Interview for NBC: Report Us Weekly - 12 hours ago
- American Idol and X Factor 'Probably Hurt Each Other,' Fox's Exiting Reality Chief Concedes TVLine.com - 12 hours ago