The expanded 20-episode third season of MTV‘s Awkward will launch on Tuesday, April 16, at 10 PM with an hour-long premiere (trailer below). The following week, Awkward will be joined by new series Girl Code, a spinoff of MTV2′s Guy Code, which will air in the 10:30 slot for what MTV touts as “funny female comedy lineup.” The announcement comes just as Awkward creator/executive producer Lauren Iungerich exited her MTV pilot Hot Mess. The Tuesday block signals MTV’s emphasis on female-oriented programming under new programming chiefs Susanne Daniels and Mina Lefevre, who both come from backgrounds of developing for young females at the WB and ABC Family, respectively.
- James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead at 51 Yahoo! TV - 1 hour 36 minutes ago
- FX Picks Up Legal Comedy Starring Kelsey Grammer and Martin Lawrence TVLine.com - 2 hours 17 minutes ago
- Stephen Amell: Why I Won't Join Fifty Shades Of Grey Movie Access Hollywood - 2 hours 17 minutes ago
- 'Full House' Flashback: Check Out Candace Cameron Bure's Cheesy Christmas Pic Yahoo! TV - 2 hours 14 minutes ago
- Matt Lauer Calls Katie Couric "Very Attractive," Rates Her a "9 or 10" Us Weekly - 2 hours 0 minutes ago
- Netflix Renews 'Hemlock Grove' for Season 2 The Wrap - 1 hour 37 minutes ago