The expanded 20-episode third season of MTV‘s Awkward will launch on Tuesday, April 16, at 10 PM with an hour-long premiere (trailer below). The following week, Awkward will be joined by new series Girl Code, a spinoff of MTV2′s Guy Code, which will air in the 10:30 slot for what MTV touts as “funny female comedy lineup.” The announcement comes just as Awkward creator/executive producer Lauren Iungerich exited her MTV pilot Hot Mess. The Tuesday block signals MTV’s emphasis on female-oriented programming under new programming chiefs Susanne Daniels and Mina Lefevre, who both come from backgrounds of developing for young females at the WB and ABC Family, respectively.
- Seth MacFarlane Will Not Return to Host the Oscars: "I Need Sleep" TV Guide - 7 hours ago
- The Voice, Dancing With The Stars Offer Words Of Support For Oklahoma Tornado Victims Access Hollywood - 6 hours ago
- Hollywood's Disabled Actors Protest NBC's 'Ironside' Casting - When Is It Their Turn? The Wrap - 6 hours ago
- 'Rectify' Season Finale: Aden Young Talks About Daniel's Innocence ... or Guilt Yahoo! TV - 15 hours ago
- When Liberace Battled Batman and Taught the Hulk How to Tickle the Ivories [Video] Yahoo! TV - 12 hours ago
- NBC picks up 'Siberia' drama series Reuters - 10 hours ago