Bigtime lobbying efforts certainly aren’t merely reserved for the halls and haunts of Washington DC. A new report out today from the Los Angeles City Ethics Commission outlined issues that lobbying firms spent the most billable hours working on in LA during the first quarter of 2013. Among them was NBCUniversal’s “Evolution Plan,” the proposed $1.6B upgrade of its TV production facilities, office space and infrastructure on the Universal lot and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter area at its Universal Studios Hollywood theme park. The report says NBCUniversal paid more than $330,000 to a pair of lobbying outfits to win hearts and votes for its mammoth undertaking. Another big buyer of lobbying services at City Hall was CBS Outdoor, the CBS Corp-owned billboard giant that spent more than $205,000 to back its interests in outdoor advertising legislation, including the local hot-button issue of digital billboards. And LA Live owner AEG paid $130,000-plus for its quarter worth of lobbying efforts. Hollywood.
Universal Studios Upgrade Plan Gets OK; Construction On Wizarding World Of Harry Potter Starting This Summer
More on Yahoo! TV
News for You
- 'Little Couple' Star Jen Arnold Faces Her Biggest Battle Yet: Cancer
- How Did Carrie Underwood Do as Maria von Trapp on 'The Sound of Music Live!'?
- Jen Arnold Diagnosed With Rare Cancer: Little Couple Star Undergoing Surgery and Chemo
- Embracing the Baroness: Talking 'Sound of Music Live!' With Laura Benanti
- Jennifer Lopez Files New Documents in Marc Anthony Divorce Two Years After Initial Split: Report
- Jennifer Aniston "Very Into the Holiday Spirit" While Shopping for Christmas Trees With Justin …
Today on Yahoo
1 - 8 of 48