Absence makes the heart grow fonder and ratings go higher. The much delayed start of the NHL season over protracted negotiations between players and the league scored for NBC. Yesterday’s two-game regional coverage on the network (Chicago Blackhawks vs. Los Angeles Kings and Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Philadelphia Flyers) posted a 2.0 overnight rating from 3:30-6:15 PM ET. That was the highest overnight rating for regular-season coverage on any network in more than a decade and the highest overnight for regular-season coverage on NBC since its recent coverage of the league began in 2006, up 67% vs. last year’s 2011-12 regular-season average.
- James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead at 51 Yahoo! TV - 2 hours 27 minutes ago
- FX Picks Up Legal Comedy Starring Kelsey Grammer and Martin Lawrence TVLine.com - 3 hours ago
- Stephen Amell: Why I Won't Join Fifty Shades Of Grey Movie Access Hollywood - 3 hours ago
- 'Full House' Flashback: Check Out Candace Cameron Bure's Cheesy Christmas Pic Yahoo! TV - 3 hours ago
- Matt Lauer Calls Katie Couric "Very Attractive," Rates Her a "9 or 10" Us Weekly - 2 hours 51 minutes ago
- Netflix Renews 'Hemlock Grove' for Season 2 The Wrap - 40 minutes ago