Now all games through December 30 have been iced since the owners locked out players in mid-September. The latest swath of cancellations, announced today by the NHL, comes as the league last week rejected the latest proposal by players, leaving negotiations on a new collective bargaining at an impasse. A nearly 20-hour session Thursday ended bitterly, with most concessions won taken off the table and no new talks scheduled. A total of 526 regular season games — almost half of the 2012-2013 season, which was supposed to begin October 11 — have been scrapped now, including the All-Star Game and the annual NHL Winter Classic, the popular New Year’s Day game played outdoors, both to be televised on NBC.
- 'Ring of Fire' Myth Busting: Jewel Can Act and Lifetime Movies Can Be Seriously Awesome Yahoo! TV - 15 hours ago
- NBC to Air Blake Shelton's Tornado Relief Concert Next Week The Wrap - 15 hours ago
- 5 Ways to Be an Even Bigger 'Game of Thrones' Nerd Yahoo! TV - 14 hours ago
- Ann Curry Failed to Get Angelina Jolie TV Interview for NBC: Report Us Weekly - 13 hours ago
- American Idol and X Factor 'Probably Hurt Each Other,' Fox's Exiting Reality Chief Concedes TVLine.com - 12 hours ago