British media are reporting that Nicole Scherzinger, who earlier this year was booted from the U.S. version of Simon Cowell’s X Factor along with Paula Abdul and Steve Jones, has joined the UK incarnation of the competition series as a judge replacing former Destiny’s Child star Kelly Rowland. A report surfaced in the Daily Mail and other outlets quickly followed. Scherzinger was replaced by Britney Spears on the U.S. X Factor. Scherzinger initially was offered £500 ($777K) to join the show, the Mirror reported, but negotiated a higher fee and will receive £750 ($1.17M). She is expected to join fellow judges Gary Barlow, Louis Walsh and Tulisa Contostavlos for Monday’s auditions in Newcastle, the Sun reported. An announcement is expected shortly.
- How 'Scandal' Creator Shonda Rhimes Makes Us Forget Our Morals Yahoo! TV - 21 hours ago
- Friday Night Lights' Aimee Teegarden Looks Skinny, Unrecognizable Us Weekly - 22 hours ago
- Is Kelly Rowland Joining The X Factor? TV Guide - 21 hours ago
- Doctor Who's Jenna-Louise Coleman on Clara's Meeting with River Song TV Guide - 21 hours ago
- Who Were the Worst Reality TV Stars This Week? Television Without Pity - 21 hours ago
- ‘Mike & Molly’ Creator Mark Roberts To Exit, Al Higgins Upped To EP & Showrunner Deadline.com - 21 hours ago