Odette Annable (Breaking In) and Bruce Greenwood (The River) have been cast in ABC‘s Romeo & Juliet-esque drama pilot Venice. Written by Byron Balasco, directed by McG and executive produced by Ilene Chaiken, Venice is a soap about the haves and the have-nots of California’s most seductive city, Venice. It focuses on two rival families, the Nances and the Carvers, and a forbidden and dangerous romance emerging between them as the families battle for control of Venice. Annable will play Sophie Nance, the owner of the hippest boutique in Venice, who falls in love with the offspring of her family’s archenemies, Chris Carver. Greenwood plays Sophie’s father Gordy Nance, the most powerful man in Venice and head of the Nance family. Jennifer Beals plays the Carver matriarch. Warner Bros. TV and McG’s Wonderland produce. Greenwood, repped by Gersh and manager Chuck Binder, was recently in Flight and will next be seen in Star Trek Into Darkness. Annable, repped by UTA and Evolution, co-starred on the final season of Fox’s House. Balasco, McG, Chaiken and Peter Johnson exec produce.
- Seth MacFarlane Will Not Return to Host the Oscars: "I Need Sleep" TV Guide - 19 hours ago
- The Voice, Dancing With The Stars Offer Words Of Support For Oklahoma Tornado Victims Access Hollywood - 18 hours ago
- Hollywood's Disabled Actors Protest NBC's 'Ironside' Casting - When Is It Their Turn? The Wrap - 4 hours ago
- 'Rectify' Season Finale: Aden Young Talks About Daniel's Innocence ... or Guilt Yahoo! TV - Mon, May 20, 2013 12:34 PM PDT
- When Liberace Battled Batman and Taught the Hulk How to Tickle the Ivories [Video] Yahoo! TV - Mon, May 20, 2013 2:47 PM PDT
- NBC picks up 'Siberia' drama series Reuters - 22 hours ago