Country star Brantley Gilbert had the best birthday ever! On his 28th birthday on Sunday, he proposed to One Tree Hill actress and fellow country artist Jana Kramer — and she said yes!
Celebs who are out and proud
"We could not be happier!" the couple told People in a statement. "We are so excited to share this special time with our loved ones and cannot wait to start the rest of our lives together."
To make the engagement extra special, Gilbert rented out Nashville's Ryman Auditorium Theater, the very same auditorium where Johnny Cash and June Carter met, and where Rayna and Juliette sang their first duet on Nashville.
Photos: Hot winter TV eye candy
"I was so surprised!" Kramer said. "He asked my mom for permission before he proposed, which meant a lot to me."
Gilbert and Kramer, who are both nominated for best new vocalist at the upcoming ACM awards, have been dating for a year. Kramer was previously married to actor Johnathon Schaech for one month.
- Does William Shatner Have a Crush on Betty White? [Exclusive Video] Yahoo! TV - 6 hours ago
- The Voice's Michelle Chamuel Reveals Secrets Behind Mirror Finale Performance Access Hollywood - 4 hours ago
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Love Don't Cost a Thing Yahoo! TV - 4 hours ago
- Revolution Stars Talk Nora's Season 1 Finale Exit Access Hollywood - 4 hours ago
- ‘Community’ Showrunner Dan Harmon Apologizes to Everyone … Almost Variety - 4 hours ago
- 'The Impossible' Director Juan Antonio Bayona to Direct Showtime's 'Penny Dreadful' The Wrap - 3 hours ago