American Idol may have had its lowest rated finale ever, but that didn't stop Idol winner Phillip Philips from debuting at No. 2 on the Hot Digital Songs chart — and making Idol history.
Phillips' single "Home" sold 278,000 units last week. According to Billboard, it's the second-best digital sales week for any Idol contestant — topped only by Season 1 winner Kelly Clarkson's "My Life Would Suck Without You," which debuted with 280,000 downloads in 2009.
Idol winner Phillip Phillips underwent eight surgeries during show run, dad says
Further, "Home" was downloaded more than any previous Idol coronation song, including David Cook's "This Is the Time of My Life," which sold 236,000 units in the first week after the Season 7 finale.
The Georgia native also had two other digital songs in the top 100. "We've Got Tonight" came in at No. 41 with 43,000 downloads and "Volcano" was No. 54 with 35,000 downloads.
Did you download "Home"?
- How 'Scandal' Creator Shonda Rhimes Makes Us Forget Our Morals Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:36 PM PDT
- Friday Night Lights' Aimee Teegarden Looks Skinny, Unrecognizable Us Weekly - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:15 PM PDT
- Is Kelly Rowland Joining The X Factor? TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 4:58 PM PDT
- Doctor Who's Jenna-Louise Coleman on Clara's Meeting with River Song TV Guide - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:22 PM PDT
- Who Were the Worst Reality TV Stars This Week? Television Without Pity - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:28 PM PDT
- ‘Mike & Molly’ Creator Mark Roberts To Exit, Al Higgins Upped To EP & Showrunner Deadline.com - Fri, May 17, 2013 5:30 PM PDT